The LNO choir is looking for singers of all voice types
Latvian National Opera and Ballet announces a competition
for the working position at the Latvian National Opera Chorus (all voice types)
Latvian National Opera and Ballet is the largest culture organisation in the Baltic States, whose core values are excellence, growth, traditions and responsibility. Internationally recognized are not only the opera and ballet traditions developed over the years, but also the most beautiful and inspiring workplace in Riga – the White House with more than 150 years of history. Working at the Latvian National Opera and Ballet means constant professional and personal development, a fulfilled working life and international environment.
Requirements for applicants:
- secondary or higher music education;
- working experience as a choir vocalist;
- high vocal and stage potential.
- it is an open competition, that will take place in two rounds. In the 1st round the contestants with an accompanist must perform two arias (before the competition it is possible to rehearse the prepared program. It is desirable to sing the prepared program with your own accompanist, but if necessary the opera accompanist will be provided); in the 2nd round of the competition the ability to read scores as well as the voice of candidates will be tested;
- the order of candidates’ performance will be determined by lottery.
- 1st Round – first aria (baroque, clasicism), second aria (free choice);
- 2nd Round – parts from the reperoire performances – score reading, voice (range) test.
Competition will take place on August 3, 2021 at 12:00 in the New Hall of LNOB.
Application deadline: 30.07.2021.
Documents to be submitted:
- application letter,
- educational certificates,
- Electronically to the e-mail addresses email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org (with reference "Choir competition")
The personal data provided in your application documents will be processed to ensure the course of the competition. The controller of personal data processing is VSIA “Latvian National Opera and Ballet”.